06/10/2013

KILL YOUR IDOLS - From Companionship To Competition (2005)


I decided to start my comeback in music-sharing business with this absolute gem. This issue is one of few albums that are constantly in my mp3 player. Fast and furious, sharp and hard-hitting, FCTC is a mixture of old-school NY hardcore, some modern influences (guitars on intro to I'll Call You Back, for instance) and a good portion of self-loathing. Music is clean and tough, espiecially in few starting songs. Lyrics are non-pretencious, with few self-ironic moments (like in We've Tried Nothing And We're All Out Of Ideas) and mostly about personal insecurities, problems in relationships with other people as well as oneself, hypocrisy in the punk scene and so on and so on. Best consumed loud and under the influence of alcoholic beverages.


Artist: Kill Your Idols
Title: From Companionship To Competition
Country: USA
Year: 2005
Genre: Hardcore punk
Rating: 9.5/10
Tracklist:

1. Intro/Blown Up, Burnt Out
2. Stuck In A Rut
3. I Hate My Guts
4. Twenty Bucks
5. Only Dicks Don't Like Black Flag
6. From Companionship To Competition
7. Your Wish Is My Command
8. We've Tried Nothing And We're All Out Of Ideas
9. Miserable And Satisfied
10. Don't Call Me, I Won't Call You
11. Make Up Your Minds
12. 15 Minutes
13. I'll Call You Back
14. Still Pist (The Pist cover)
15. Looking Back

No comments:

Post a Comment